Advertiser DisclosureWe strive for editorial intergrity. We receive compensation from some of the links, products and or services mentioned in this post. Click to read more
TraderHQ Author | Nicholas Say
Did you know that...
- While a 10% return every year sounds consistent, the actual dollar value you earn increases each year due to compounding?
- A contrarian investor goes against prevailing market trends, buying when others are pessimistic and selling when they're optimistic?
- Ignoring global investment opportunities can limit diversification and potential returns, as emerging markets and international equities offer unique growth prospects?
- While short-term markets can be volatile, historically, the stock market has trended upward in the long run?
- Emotional discipline is vital for long-term investing, as it requires resisting the urge to make impulsive decisions based on short-term market news?
Quotes of the Day:
- "Investing is not about timing the market, it's about time in the market." - John Neff
- "Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas." - William Miller
- "The best way to invest is to be a contrarian. Buy when everyone else is selling and sell when everyone else is buying." - Joel Greenblatt
- "Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with the 130 IQ." - Jeffrey Gundlach
- "The market is a pendulum that forever swings between unsustainable optimism and unjustified pessimism." - Martin Zweig
More Stock Market Resources: